I just saw that post...

I feel completely stupid at this point, might I point out.
You're right - register_globals is by default 'on' on this particular server I"m working on (I don't do a lot of PHP work on it), cuz its an older version and I haven't been bothered enough to upgrade it... I haven't tested it on something that has register_globals set to on.

So yes.. indeed my code did absolutely nothing. Who wants to hire me? hah.

Thanks for all the help, though.. I definately learned a few things and got some decent code in return to fiddle with!

Thanks to all, apologies for the brain-death.
-Jason