This usually means that you're using a variable without having
initialized it. For example

$a = $b + 1;

will give you that warning if no value is assigned to $b prior to this
line. It's PHP's way of telling you that you might be doing something
wrong.

Perhaps if you post some of your code we can help better?

Marco

php|architect -- The Monthly Magazine For PHP Professionals
Come visit us on the web at http://www.phparch.com!