I don't know if the 'transaction' page could really determine if the
download was *completed* -- perhaps if it was *started*...

>From what I can tell, most online s/ware purchases are done in two ways:

1. free download / demo which can be 'unlocked' with a key, which is
provided upon payment... rather than giving them a download address upon
payment, give them a key.

2. provide a link to the downloadable file upon payment.  i've seen this
done on the cheap ("here's the URL, please don't tell you friends!!") and
done properly (A certain user is given access to the downloadable file for a
certain period [eg 5 days]) -- I buy a little bit of stock photography, and
from what I can tell i'm allowed to download it over and over, since I
paid... I'm not sure what's stopping me from telling my friends my password,
but the same argument can be made for option #1... I could tell my friends
the unlock code.

But, I'm getting OT... :)

Justin

on 17/11/02 6:09 PM, See Kok Boon ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> hi people,
>
> just want to know if there such a thing as a Transactional PHP Page and who
> do i go about setting up a page like this?
>
> for those who don't know about ASP, a Transactional ASP page is able to
> reverse its operations. it is used mainly in ecommerce, in a page where the
> transaction is carried out.
>
> the reason for this is so that if for example,
>
> you click checkout to buy a downloaded software -> the software removed from
> shopping cart -> money is deducted from your credit card -> the download
> page appears -> the lightning strikes -> your internet connection gone ->
> the download page expires ...
>
> if i don't use a Trasactional Page, i will keep the money without having to
> give my customer the software, which is good!!! lol but not for my customer.
> so the Transactional Page will then detect that the lightning has striked...
>
> ... -> transactional page realize that the transaction is not completed ->
> the money is returned to the credit card -> the software back to the
> shopping cart -> i wait for the customer to fix the computer and return
>
> And that is a transactional page. so can i also do that in PHP?
>
> Yours sincerely,
> See Kok Boon
> Realize Creations
> http://www.realizecreations.com