From: Michelle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 7:57 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [PHP] Download File

I would like to download a word-document from another site and save it to my
harddrive.
How would I go about doing this?

I tried:
<?php
$filename = "http://host.com/document.doc;

$fd = fopen ($filename, "rb");
$string = fread ($fd, filesize ($filename)); <----ERROR
fclose ($fd);

$fname = "my_saved_doc.doc";
$fp = fopen ($fname, "wb");

?>

ERROR:
Warning: stat failed for http://host.com/document.doc (errno=2 - No such
file or directory) in d:\inetpub\wwwroot\dl-doc.php on line 8

I believe this has something to do with the access rights to the folders or
something...