Your query on the previous line is failing for one reason or another.

You can use mysql_error() to get the error message from MySQL, or you
can place an echo statement in your code to make sure the SQL
statement is what you think it is.

You can also try the SQL statement yourself interactively at a MySQL
prompt.

Chris