Beauford.2002 wrote:

--------------------------snip-----------------------

The problem is that the form is not sending the employee name to the php
page. If I insert the name in the php page manually, it works fine, so the
problem appears to be with the form.

--------------------------snip----------------------------------
<P><CENTER><FORM NAME="Employees">
<SELECT NAME="name">
<OPTION SELECTED VALUE=""></OPTION>
<OPTION VALUE="John"</OPTION>John
<OPTION VALUE="Mary"</OPTION>Mary
</SELECT>
<INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Submit">

Two suggestions. You do not specify whether your form should use GET or POST method (I'm not sure whether there is a default). The other is how you are accessing the variable "name" within php. If register_globals is on in php.ini then just "$name" is fine, but if its off then use $name = $_GET['name'] or $name = $_POST['name'] depending upon whether you specify GET or POST method.

HTH
Chris