On Thu, 26 Dec 2002, Mike Bowers wrote:

> I have a file named header.php stored in the includes folder:
> Inside includes is anohter folder called editable.
> When I open my page for the first time (before it is cached) or after I
> edit my header file I get these errors:
> Warning: Failed opening 'editable/meta.php' for inclusion
> (include_path='') in

Your include_path in php.ini is null, as indicated by the line above.

What you're assuming will happen is that include will automatically look
in the "includes" dir for files, so you have to set this:
include_path="./includes"

I set mine:
include_path = ".:./:../:./include:../include"

        g.luck,
        ~Chris