On Fri, Oct 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM, Eli <e...@eliw.com> wrote:
> On 10/7/14 9:47 AM, Derick Rethans wrote:

>>> As long as joind.in is not the only way of adding meetings to the
>>> php.net website ... there are a number of similar services, so providing
>>> one with 'preferential access' does not seem right?
>> It would be the only service where we would get *conference* submissions
>> through. This is not a replacement for our normal calender events.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Derick
>
> That is still a 'little bit' of a problem Derick, since as it has been
> pointed out, there are a number of conferences that have traditionally
> listed themselves on php.net/conferences/  (In fact, there is one right
> now - ConFoo), that doesn't use joind.in.
>
> While I love joind.in, and wish all conferences used it.  It does seem a
> bit -- awkward if we make the *only* way for a conference to appear on
> php.net, is if it exists on joind.in.
>
> Now granted.  Someone, like in the case of ConFoo.  Could make a shell
> of a joind.in conference for it.  ...  But it would be nice perhaps if
> there was still some way to mix in another 'feed' of conferences besides
> joind.in.

Why?

I don't know, or actually care, why someone doesn't want to use
joind.in. All I care about is to reducing my workload, while at the
same time reducing the time it takes to get something posted, along
with improving the experience, quality, and the listings.

If we loose out listing one conference, while gain dozen more, I think
that is a good trade - especially considering we will no longer need
to do actually anything \o/

-Hannes