On 12 Apr, 11:42, "Matthew Peters" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi Simon,
> I was also out on hols but I noticed that two of the bindings Graham
> Charters had been working on had seen the light of day. They are an
> rss binding and an eBaY binding. I don't know how to use either of
> them - I expect Graham has some sample code that he has not checked
> in. AFAIK, though, the rss binding is a sort of read-only binding to
> an rss feed, whereas the ebay binding has more in it and lets you make
> calls to ebay.
>
> So, I think the inventory of bindings we have is as follows
> Local
> soap (I just yesterday renamed binding.ws to binding.soap everywhere)
> jsonrpc
> xmlrpc
>
> These four are all similar in that so far as they are all rpc-style
> bindings and very similar in style and more or less interchangeable
> e.g. if you were calling it with a soap binding you can probably call
> it instead jsonrpc or xmlrpc just by switching the @binding
> annotations.
>
> Then we have a batch of resource-oriented bindings:
> rss
> eBaY
> one more soon-to-be-released
>
> the restrpc binding which I don't know much about, but the name
> confuses me since I think of rest as resource oriented and rpc as
> service-oriented.
>
> and finally the odd little tuscany binding which is a one-off for when
> running PHP under control of the tuscany
>
> What we need to do is to get some examples into CVS and then put some
> documentation up about each one on the osoa site. Then I would quite
> like to cut down on the amount of text in the php manual and point the
> manual at the osoa site.
>
> Matthew
>
> So, it looks like
> On Apr 10, 3:13 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Just back from my Easter hols and I notice that a few new bindings
> > have appeared in the BUZZARD branch. Can someone give me a quick
> > update of what the status is?
>
> > Regards
>
> > Simon

Great, thanks for that Matthew.

+1 to getting tests/samples. I am guilty from the point of view of
restrpc.

The restrpc binding is a bit of an oddity. It is indendened to support
rpc style interactions over technologies usually associated with rest,
i.e. HTTP. This is a style of service provision that seems to be
popular as an alternative to SOAP/XML style services. We do need a
restresource binding also and this would be completely separate. Maybe
restrpc is the wrong name for it?

+1 also to the doc reorg. I believe several people have commented on
the amount of online information in the docs. Simple is good:-). We
should maybe also try to fill out some of the tutorial/getting started
information on the web page as an alternative to the user guid type
information.

Regards