Rob wrote:

> To make it easier to find what the current development branch is can
> either an email be sent to the pecl list when its created or possibly
> putting it into a README in HEAD  thats updated when the branch is
> made?

That's a good idea - I've created the file DEV_BRANCH in the source code
which contains just the branch name (in case that helps tooling).

I've updated the SDO README to explain DEV_BRANCH. For historical
reasons there are two READMEs in the source code, one for SDO and one
for SCA, which contain some duplicate information.