Oh dear.

> <tns:author>
> <name>Caroline Maynard</name>
> </tns:author>
.../...
> atom namespace. However the problem for me is that this particular
> server still doesn't like it - it gives me a response code 400, but

I hoped we had seen the back of namespace problems but this looks like
Tuscany is still generating the wrong XML. <name> should also be
coming out in the target namespace. Once again the generated XML will
not validate with XERCES, whereas if I make <name> into <tns:name> it
will (this is with the extra change to add
elementFormDefault="qualified")

The output shoud be
<tns:author>
<tns:name>Caroline Maynard</tns:name>