Caroline, thanks for answering. I am actually glad that it is supposed
to work since I know it has worked for someone else - the person who
gave me the code in the first place.

The schema Cart.xsd is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<schema xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema";
        xmlns:cart="urn::cartNS"
        xmlns:cust="urn::customerNS"
        targetNamespace="urn::cartNS">

  <annotation>
    <documentation>
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
+
| (c) Copyright IBM Corporation 2006,
2007                                    |
| All Rights
Reserved.                                                        |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
+
| Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you
may not |
| use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain
a copy  |
| of the License at
-                                                         |

|                   http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
|

| Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
software         |
| distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
WITHOUT   |
| WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or
implied.            |
| See the License for the specific language governing  permissions
and        |
| limitations under the
License.                                              |
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
+
| Authors: Graham Charters, Matthew
Peters                                    |

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
+
$Id: Cart.xsd,v 1.3 2007/08/16 14:31:40 wangkzai Exp $
    </documentation>
  </annotation>

  <include schemaLocation="Customer.xsd"/>

  <complexType name="CartItemType">
      <sequence>
          <element name="itemId" type="integer"/>
          <element name="description" type="string"/>
          <element name="quantity" type="integer"/>
          <element name="price" type="string"/>
      </sequence>
  </complexType>

  <complexType name="CartType">
        <sequence>
        <element name="cartId" type="ID"/>
        <element name="customerId" type="ID"/>
        <element name="item" maxOccurs="unbounded"
type="cart:CartItemType"/>
        <element name="deliveryOption" type="integer"/>
        <element name="shipAddress" type="cust:AddressType" />
        <element name="cartValue" type="string"/>
    </sequence>
  </complexType>

  <complexType name="CartsType">
        <sequence>
        <element name="cart" maxOccurs="unbounded" type="cart:CartType"/>
    </sequence>
  </complexType>

  <element name="cart" type="cart:CartType"/>
  <element name="carts" type="cart:CartsType"/>
</schema>