I tried to add / at the end manually, but now it says another error:

*Attribute defer in < script > does not have value (found character 's'
instead of '=')*

... so looks like it really wants XHTML in the input, which is not possible
with html5boilerplate.

Is there a way to take html5 input, or must I get rid of html5boilerplate
until I will find the way to get html5boilerplate output xhtml?

Regards,
Anton