I don't have access to a mac but would someone with access to it
please try replacing PSwing's paint method with the following and
telling me if it works?

    public void paint(Graphics2D g2) {
        if (component.getBounds().isEmpty()) {
            // The component has not been initialized yet.
            return;
        }

        PSwingRepaintManager manager = (PSwingRepaintManager)
RepaintManager.currentManager(component);
        manager.lockRepaint(component);

        RenderingHints oldHints = g2.getRenderingHints();

        g2.setRenderingHint(RenderingHints.KEY_FRACTIONALMETRICS,

RenderingHints.VALUE_FRACTIONALMETRICS_OFF);
        component.paint(g2);

        g2.setRenderingHints(oldHints);

        manager.unlockRepaint(component);
    }