Comment #5 on issue 110 by allain.lalonde: Syntactical code clean

(copied form mailing list)

final on parameters protects us from writing to them from within
methods.

FindBugs and PMD (I think) both flag this behaviour as problematic and
catch many others in the process.

If, and it's a big one, we target reducing the # of warnings being
flagged by these tools, bugs introduced by not having final get caught
anyway (along with countless others).

I think adding final in a context where FindBugs failures breaks the
build is unnecessary.

That said, adding final to parameters doesn't hinder anything, it just
adds verbosity for something that FindBugs and PMD would both disallow
anyway.

Not dead set against it, and the code will end up higher quality in
the end no matter, I'm just stating my dislike for blanket covering a
codebase with final when it's not necessary with a strict development
process.

Just my 2 cents.