Alex & Jon;

Jon the explanation provided by Alex is what I meant regarding optimization:

On Apr 7, 2008, at 8:33 AM, Alexander Burger wrote:

Hi Jon,

I'm not sure what you mean by "added Os optimization level". Could

It might make sense to write

        gcc -c -Os -pipe \

instead of

        gcc -c -O -pipe \

meaning "optimize for space".

Concerning the MacOS target of 10.4, however, it seems that it is
harmful considering portability, and not really needed. Is this
correct?

think that specifying the target in the Makefile does not permit one to optimize for the local system, in my case for MacOS 10.5, and it is desirable to have the flexibility to do so.

Along these lines in general, do you think that it would be useful to have PicoLisp to Carbon (MacOS C) and/or Cocoa (MacOS Obj C) API for use in MacOS environment? Also, I am still having problems getting the PDF function working properly (i.e., finding useable fonts other than Courier).

Best regards,

Anthony