Thank's Alex,

thats extremly useful.

I think there are ways and means to sort out state tracking in an
asyncronous server. If your familer with Python I'd be going for
something along the lines of what the Twisted framework and its
differed execution model.

My other critisism of the server in lib/http.l is that it does not
sufficently abstract the URL space from the physical disk. Most other
mature frameworks allow your to creat a completly virtual url space
which has no relation to physical files on disk. The way the forms.l
maps a full path to its javascript file and puts it in the output
makes me particularly uncomfortable as it is exposing data on where I
have installed picolisp.

I'm also a big fan of having human readable urls which do not include
any cryptic characters like @ signs etc. I'll expriment with some url
spaces. My first inclination would be to setup a simple tree which can
be traversed based in the url broken up on '/' delimiters. Any
delimiters left over become arguments to whatever function gets
called.

regs

Konrad.