Hi Tomas,

> > Another possibility is to use a separate set of reserved variables,
> > and build the association list from their values.
>
> what do you mean?

Well, no special idea ... It could be anything, just to build up an
association list. But this is obsolete, as I now understand what the
reason of your question is (see below).

> I do not want these variables assigned as I do not have under control
> what I get on the request (their names, number etc.).  It is a 3rd
> party protocol and having them on a list would be more suitable than

OK, now I see your point.

Then using the normal globals won't work anyway, because they are
required to have their names start with an asterisk. A 3rd party
protocol would probably never use variables line '*Name' or '*Street',
but 'name' and 'street'.

For this there is another mechanism in '_htSet': If the name does not
start with '*', the corresponding value is stored in the 'http' property
of that symbol. This will avoid conflicts with existing symbols.

> digging through 3rd party API and 'allow'ing long list of variables
> that could even clash with picolisp names.

Storing these symbols in '*Allow' is still required, though. Perhaps a
bit paranoid? But your application must know these names in advance
anyway, as it has to process them, so it would not hurt to put them into
'*Allow'. You can also add such symbols with 'allow' dynamically at
runtime.

> > If you have a routine for modifying '_htSet',
>
> Not sure how that would look like.  Maybe modifying @lib/http.l
> directly is simpler.

Yes, indeed :-)