Hi Alex,

> So, something must still be wrong. I just never noticed it because I
> only called non-interactive processes (except 'vim').
But that is my point - vim goes to a lot of effort to handle the STOP
and CONT signals and get the terminal handling right.  I have created
apps similar to vim - and the "onus" is on the app to do it right, not
the calling shell!  The calling shell does have some things to do, but
as you point out: vim and picolisp work well together!  That can only
happen if picolisp is basically doing it's part right.

(look up onus: Beweislast, Verspflichtung)

Cheers!
- Rand