I think the problem is more with the fact that I am using a Mac and Xcode (not necessarily typical of Unix development tools) rather than Pico Lisp itself. This is compounded by my being stuck in the past so to speak with a Power PC chip and OS X 10.4. No worries, when I have the time I will try and pick through the errors.