Hello all,

I wanted to give an update and let everyone know I have had some success:

Alex was correct I did not have gcc loaded. Originally I had Xcode on this machine and forgot I had done an OS X reinstall. (I am embarrassed about that. My background is embedded programming with a given IDE.)

So I downloaded Xcode 2.5 (the last version of Xcode that will run under OS X Tiger 10.4). The make process ran quite far; however there was an error. I ran make again to focus on the latter. Here it is:

gcc -o ../lib/ext -dynamiclib -undefined dynamic_lookup ext.o
ld: flag: -undefined dynamic_lookup can't be used with MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set to: 10.1 /usr/libexec/gcc/powerpc-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make: *** [../lib/ext] Error 1
PowerBook-12in:~/picoLisp-2.3.7/src kyle$

So there are some things I must adjust; but I decided in the meantime to take Jon Kleiser's advice and install an earlier version - picoLisp-2.3.0. Success!!! Now I get to investigate pico Lisp while I work on the above.

Thanks Jon and everyone for your help. I am looking forward to learning Pico Lisp.

Best regards,
Kyle