Hi Henrik,

I like the ui, looks neat!

> The main reason for doing this (as supposed to getting email alerts
> when a site has updated from for instance Google) is that I have
> everything in one place and I can see what I've already read and
> what's new. In short, it helps me make cut through to exactly the
> information I want and enables me to get to it effortlessly, I
> couldn't manage without an RSS reader anymore.

I agree, I find RSS esential these days too.

> Since the application is that important I felt like I needed to create
> it myself in order to have total control over it.

I see;-)

But how is it different or better compared to emacs/gnus with nnrss and
nnshimbun backends?

And do you really find web interface more usable?

> And then there are special feeds, like for instance Twitter where I
> get most of my real time information from various agents that tweet
> news, like the NY Times science twitter account for instance:
> http://twitter.com/nytimesscience

What does special feeds mean?  In what sense is Twitter special?  Is it
that you need to scrape web pages and convert them to RSS yourself?

> Finally there are the meta feeds which are aggregations, I have a few
> of these but not many, for instance the Yahoo LISP pipe:
> http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.info?_id=3PHwctj52xGg02vB6kjTQA

Does vizreader create these meta feeds or does it rely on existing meta
feeds like the yahoo link above?

> Finding the feeds are usually not hard, often sites have explicit
> icons or links you can click to go to the url of the feed/xml, when
> you have it you simply add it in your reader. Firefox also displays
> the feed icon in the address field if it detects a tag that for
> instance looks like this in the content:

I find that the biggest problem (aside from having enough time for
reading the feeds) is that lots of sites don't publish feeds.  Solving
this somehow would be great but probably impossible.