Hi Tomas,

> > If you get the latest wl code (git pull), you'll see even a pure java
> > 'fibo.' function for comparison and getting an idea of the overhead
> > caused by interpretation.

Yeah, I know that very well. Did a lot of 'fibo' tests during the last
30 years ;-) Here, locally, I see that a plain Java version with bignums
runs with 9 seconds a little faster than 32-bit PicoLisp (11 seconds),
while the 64-bit version takes 5 seconds.

However, what disturbs me more: Where does the above quote come from? I
didn't get that mail. Anybody? Did you really send it? It seems also not
to be in the mail archive.