Hi Dexen,

I agree with all you wrote, except when you write about association
lists:

> Nb., this mechanism is used internally in picoLisp for symbol properties=20
> (aside of the general value of the symbol, each symbol can have any number =
> of=20
> (KEY . VALUE) properties associated with it). Access with (get) and (set).

There is a slight difference: The cells in a symbol's property list are
not of the form (KEY . VALUE), but of (VALUE . KEY), so they are not
really an association list.

'get' searches for KEY in a similar way, but the convenient feature is
that 'prop' and '::' return a cell with VALUE in the CAR, so it can be
used directly with functions that expect a 'var' argument (e.g. 'inc',
'dec', 'push', 'pop', 'queue' and so on).

The statement Access with (get) and (set) is correct for 'get', but I
assume you mean 'put' for the equivalet setter function.

About the problem of your "meta!" mail:

> =2D---
> =2D-=20
> dexen deVries
>
> [[[=E2=86=93][=E2=86=92]]]

You are right that the mail is indeed clobbered with escaped characters.
Can it be that this is a problem of mail client(s)? Because mails from
other members of this group don't have them.