Hi All,

thank you for the replies. it helps to have guidance when learning.

@Meinbg: true. i think programming is mostly (if not all) imperative.
the functional programming style (sounds like kung fu) just hides all
the 'clutter' underneath. as i understood it, functional programmers
have a hard time keeping state, wrapping it all up in functions and
all that.

@Dexen/Alex: thank you. as to my mention of (de), it was to stress
that digging down deeper on how these things work, it will eventually
call EVAL() or a C-implemented
function/procedure/place-proper-term-here.

http://nybl.info