On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 10:28:53AM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
> > ago.  This fallback might have to be application specific thing so maybe
> > the wiki software is broken from this point of view, not sure.
>
> Yes, I simply used the existing mechanisms, though a wiki is not a
> typical application. That wiki was a quick-and-dirty hack, within a few
> days, to get something running after the old wiki failed.

My main sin was that I mixed up two different things: The static, public
site "http://home.picolisp.com";, and the maintenance application
"http://wiki.picolisp.com";, by including a "Log in" link in the public
site.

Only after you log in, you get a session, and if you log out you have
the static pages and links back again.

When logged in, you can even switch between the two sites. But
unfortunately then the visual distinction is gone.

It would be cleaner if I removed that log in / log out mechanism. Then
the "home" site would be only for viewing, browsing etc, and the "wiki"
site allows to log in and modify things.