Tomas, I'm quite upset about your statement that "the URL handling in
PicoLisp is broken". This is not the case! It proved to be very
efficient and useful during more than a decade.

> http://logand.com/blog/picolisp-behind-nginx-proxy.html

This doesn't address José's original issue of encoding sessions into
URLs, as it also encodes the port number into the URL.

So what is gained? Only the purpose of serving other (static) content?
This can be done with the existing infrastructure.

> It would be better if the Wiki detected a session URL and fell back to
> the original page.

'httpGate' does have a fallback mechanism, though only to a single
default page.

The 'picolisp.com' server uses it, but it falls back to a general
"Timeout" page. 'picolisp.com' currently serves 15 other applications
besides the Wiki, so 'httpGate' doesn't have enough information about
which application the expired port belongs to. This could probably be
solved with some more bookkeeping.

As far as I can see, your 'nginx' can't handle that either, because it
doesn't keep track of session ports related to application ports.

How do you handle HTTPS encryption/decryption, the main purpose of
'httpGate', with your 'nginx' solution?

And back to the original issue (URL encoding) by José:

As we see from this discussion, the main issue is not so much the
session ID in the URL, but the encoding and dispatching of the port
number. Please write a PicoLisp server using cookies instead of URL
encodings that handles this.