Hi Alex,

>> http://logand.com/blog/picolisp-behind-nginx-proxy.html
> This doesn't address José's original issue of encoding sessions into
> URLs, as it also encodes the port number into the URL.
> So what is gained? Only the purpose of serving other (static) content?
> This can be done with the existing infrastructure.

> so 'httpGate' doesn't have enough information about which application
> the expired port belongs to. This could probably be solved with some
> more bookkeeping.
> As far as I can see, your 'nginx' can't handle that either, because it
> doesn't keep track of session ports related to application ports.

It does address the first step for handling expired sessions.  Then of
course as the next step, the application code has a logic to do the
right thing when a session expires (which is not described there).

>> It would be better if the Wiki detected a session URL and fell back
>> to the original page.
> 'httpGate' does have a fallback mechanism, though only to a single
> default page.

Yes, that is not enough.  nginx in my setup is basically a bit better
httpGate, a proxy with better fallback.

> How do you handle HTTPS encryption/decryption, the main purpose of
> 'httpGate', with your 'nginx' solution?

That is an orthogonal issue.  nginx can be configured for https too.

> Tomas, I'm quite upset about your statement that "the URL handling in
> PicoLisp is broken". This is not the case! It proved to be very
> efficient and useful during more than a decade.

I'm sorry I upset you:-( Maybe I should have said that the URL handling
is designed for a very specific use-case.  I stop now;-)