On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:22:29PM +0700, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> Trying to compile with 32bit libc libraries installed gives me the following:
> gcc -m32 -o ../bin/ssl ssl.o -lssl -lcrypto

<snip>

> I have installed every possible libssl and libssl-dev package but still no
> luck, what am I doing wrong?

You need the 32 bit SSL libraries. Unfortunately, they are not part of the
ia32libs package in Ubuntu/Debian. There are various solutions, you could copy
the library from a 32 bit machine or build it in 32 mode locally.

Here is one page:

Newer Debian should have some kind of built in magic for configuring this:
http://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseGoals/MultiArch

best luck!

//Jakob