Hi all,

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 08:37:29AM +0200, Jakob Eriksson wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 11:22:29PM +0700, Henrik Sarvell wrote:
> > Trying to compile with 32bit libc libraries installed gives me the
> > following:
> > gcc -m32 -o ../bin/ssl ssl.o -lssl -lcrypto
>
> <snip>
>
> > I have installed every possible libssl and libssl-dev package but still no
> > luck, what am I doing wrong?
>

> You need the 32 bit SSL libraries. Unfortunately, they are not part of the
> ia32libs package in Ubuntu/Debian. There are various solutions, you could copy
> the library from a 32 bit machine or build it in 32 mode locally.

In fact, the 32-bit SSL libs are not needed.

Now I tried it here (Debian Squeeze, amd64):

To build 'httpGate' and 'ssl', you just need to do

   # apt-get install libssl-dev

(no matter whether you are on 32-bits or 64 bits)

and - as before - do

   $ (cd src; make gate)

BTW, for the 'x11' stuff you need

   apt-get install libx11-dev libxext-dev

and then

   $ (cd src; make x11)

As ever, you can build it all (after installing the above libs) with

   $ (cd src; make all)

to build 32-bit version of the interpreter, and 32- or 64-bit versions
of the rest (tools, gate and x11).

CONCLUSION: On a 64-bit system, you might prefer the 64-bit interpreter,
then the way to build _all_ is

   # apt-get install libc6-dev-i386 libssl-dev libx11-dev libxext-dev

   $ (cd src; make all)
   $ (cd src64; make)

This first builds the complete 32-bit release, including interpreter and
all tools. Then it uses the 32-bit interpreter to build the 64-bit
interpreter, replacing the 32-bit version with the 64-bit version.
Voila!