"You seem to support the typical bloatware philosophy: First put
everything which comes to mind into a "library", and then see what can
be done with it. This is definitely not the PicoLisp way."

And that's why I go for Clojure for web development, Ring does exactly
what I want a web dev framework to do straight out of the box, no more
no less, JSON is already there too + so much more. I avoid the hassle
of having to write a lot myself and still get to work in a beautiful
language.

I can then interface through http with a simple PL server if I want to
use a PL database, or I simply use a Hadoop/Cassandra library if I
want distributed data. If I want to work with a traditional relational
database then there are libraries for doing that too. Combinations and
choices are endless.

I will however continue to work on distributed data with PL as I think
it's possible to make something more dynamic and simple than current
solutions in that area.