On January 31, 2012 at 11:19 AM Joe Bogner <joebog...@gmail.com> wrote:

> worried about the security of it. Maybe if I were to pick a single
> mimetype, I'd go with zip or tar.gz as that's the main reason someone
> would upload if it's too much to paste in as a code example or to
> include a complete working example with some supporting files (images,
> example DB, etc).

Idea: allow anything, but zip it on the server, and let people download the
zip. Since WE created the zip, it's not inherently dangerous, unless they
unpack it. When they unpack, the original filename will be intact, as
and added bonus. Attachments also take less space on the server filesystem
if you care about that sort of thing. :-)

best regards,
Jakob