Hi Jakob,

> > Does anybody know of a programming language with an equally powerful --
> > yet as simple -- C function interface? Except C/C++ of course ;-)
>
> I think D has it. (D is pretty nice, it looks like C++ except the evil.)

OK, but, well, if I understand it right, D is an extension of C (a
"re-engineering of C++" as Wikipedia puts it). As such, it directly
supports the C ABI, and thus doesn't really count.

More important:
- Though it may indeed be _simple_, it is probably not as _powerful_ as
  the PicoLisp native function. For example, can we call a C function
  interactively (from the REPL or command line) in D?
- Don't we need declarations and include files (like we need them in C),
  as D is also a compiled language? In PicoLisp you can refer to a C
  function in your code even before that library is installed or built.