Hi Henrik,

> Thanks a lot but it seems I can't try it out because apparently I'm
> not able to create a shared library.
>
> I get symbol lookup error: pcre/main.so: undefined symbol:
> pcre_compile even though my compile lines look like this:
>
>  gcc main.c -c -std=gnu99 -fPIC -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/include
> -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib -lpcre3
>  gcc -shared -rdynamic -o main.so main.o
>
> In the first line I've also tried -lpcre, -llibpcre and -llibpcre3 to no
> avail.

I'm always using a line like:

   gcc -o <file>.so -m64 -fPIC -shared -export-dynamic <file>.c -lm

so does this work if you append "-lpcre3"?

Note (in general, not your problem here, I think) that <file>.so should
either contain a slash (e.g. like "pcre/main.so" in your previous
example), or it must be passed as "./file.so" to 'native', because
otherwise it is searched for in the system libraries (e.g. via
LD_LIBRARY_PATH).