Hi Alex,

On 11/2/12 1:44 PM, Alexander Burger wrote:
Hi Jon,

Starting pil64emu with file argument, like "./bin/picolisp
misc/fibo.l", still gives me a "Segmentation fault".
What's definitely still missing is 'native' support. As "misc/fibo.l"
also does some native stuff, perhaps this is the culprit?

Are there other interesting 64-bit features I could try at the moment?
I hope I can finish some basic 'native' support during this week. Let's
postpone testing until then?
Meanwhile, we have an improved version! :)

I'm not sure about the crash on your Mac yet (and other probable bugs),
but pil4emu is now rather complete. The unit tests pass, and a subset of
'native' is supported (I've tested it with some of your openGl
examples).

When the smoke clears, I'll write up some more details. Let's first see
how it works on your Mac. I've tested on Linux/x86-32 and Ubuntu/x86-64
so far.

To build it, it is now only necessary to do:

    $ (cd src64/; make emu)

This will force building the emulator, even on machines which are
natively supported (like x86-64 or ppc64).

A new global *CPU will tell us for which architecture the binary was
actually built:

    : *CPU
    ->  "emu"

or

    : *CPU
    ->  "x86-64"

etc.

It builds more or less as before, and it's still got problems loading .l files (on my Mac):

f3bmac3:picoLispEmu jkleiser$ (cd src64; make)
emu.base.c: In function ‘run’:
emu.base.c:42115: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments emu.base.c:42170: warning: format not a string literal and no format arguments strip: symbols referenced by indirect symbol table entries that can't be stripped in: /Volumes/P3/picoLispEmu/lib/ext
_exit
_fwrite
make: *** [../lib/ext] Error 1
f3bmac3:picoLispEmu jkleiser$ ./bin/picolisp
: (== 64 64)
-> T
: *CPU
-> "emu"
: (load "misc/fibo.l")
[lib/native.l:31] !? (** 2 32)
** -- Undefined
?
: (bye)
f3bmac3:picoLispEmu jkleiser$ ./bin/picolisp misc/fibo.l
[misc/fibo.l:38] !? (load "@lib/native.l")
"@lib/native.l" -- Open error: No such file or directory
?
: (bye)