On Monday 05 of November 2012 10:54:20 you wrote:
> rd without argument (or with a sym) means binary read, it tries to read
> an atom or expression in the binary PLIO format (used by pr). Rd with a
> number argument means to read the given amount of bytes as a bignum.
> The sym argument is an optional end of file flag to return instead of
> the default (NIL).

thanks, i get it now :-)

inspired by recent post on HN, i want to learn picoLisp (at last :P) by re-
implementing some basic UNIX tools. here goes the venerable cat:

#!/usr/bin/env plmod

(mapcar '(
        (file)

        (in file
                (use X
                        (until (== NIL
                                        (setq X (rd 1)) )
                                (wr X) ) ) ) )

        (argv))

(bye)

guess it could be shorter...

cheers,
--
dexen deVries

How often I found where I should be going
only by setting out for somewhere else.
                -- R. Buckminster Fuller