Hi Jon,

> If I do as you describe here and go to "http://localhost:8080/"; or
> "http://localhost:8080/doc"; in my browser (Safari or Firefox), I get
> the "doc/" header and the correct listing of files/folders (incl.

> "default"). However, if I go to "http://localhost:8080/doc/";, I get
> the "doc//" header. The listing remains the same. Do we have a bug?

Ah,I see. I didn't call it that way ... with that I also get two

I took a look with the debugger. The explanation is simple: As you pass
"doc/" as the target URL (instead of "doc"), and because the server
concatenates this directory name with "/default" (see line 221 in
"lib/http.l"), the file being accesses will be "doc//default". This
results in a path name of "doc//" in (file).