Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 01:47:01PM +0200, Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>> Ok, one question remains (back to the original topic of this thread, so
>> to say):
>
> Right :)
>
>> ,--------------------------
>> | (class +MyClass +Entitiy)
>> | (rel :friend (+String))
>> | (rel :birth (+Date))
>> `--------------------------
>>
>> but
>>
>> ,--------------------------------------------------------------
>> | (setq MyList
>> |    '(:friend "John"
>> |      :birth 01-01-1111
>> |      :age 36
>> |      :employer (<<Link to DB object of class +Employer>>) ) )
>> `--------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Then 'put>' will complain, because it doesn't know how to handle the
> unknown relations.

So, as a conclusion, external objects (entities) are not as dynamically
extendable as normal objects because of the need to keep the DB intact.

If I want (at runtime) other or more relations than defined for the
original (entity) class, I have to extend the class first (at runtime),
giving the necessary info as new relation definitions, and then create
an object with put> or new! for this extended class - right?

--
cheers,
Thorsten