Hi Pedro,

> I usually build the 64bit version (emu version), but it is quite slow.

Yes. Unfortunately.

> Would it be prefereable to port the 64bit to OSX, instead of using the
> 32bit bit ?

Yes.

> I did not look at it - porting - but do you think it would be huge effort?

We had quite some discussions about that here.

I investigated this issue before, and finally gave up. It would involve
a _lot_ of changes to the generic assembler for Mac OS, because it uses
an outdated linker format, and requires position-independent code which
would clobber the whole interpreter if implemented.

♪♫ Alex