Hi Jerome

Have a look in lib/el in your picoLisp directory.
Follow the instructions in @lib/el/README.txt to setup picoLisp in Emacs,
then you have syntax highlighting and you can run picoLisp REPL within
Emacs.

I use Emacs with picolisp-mode combined with paredit.
Paredit is really awesome to edit S-Expression code, I'm really a lot
faster with it, it's pure joy.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/ParEdit

Sometimes I use M+x hs-minor-mode to fold blocks of code together, gives a
better overview when editing large lisp functions (installed by default).

You can also work in normal the picolisp REPL Emacs-like, check out
http://picolisp.com/wiki/?emacsStyleLed

Note: a few standard functions are missing in the Emacs syntax
highlighting, but its not really an issue.

Kind regards,
beneroth