On October 27, 2014 at 10:20 AM Alexander Burger <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
> Hi Jakob,
>
> our mails just crossed ;-)
>
> > "someone" registered that domain for PicoLisp, then did not renew the fee.
>
> Yes, javuchi messed it up somehow, but it may not be only his fault. It
> seems to be possible that domains are stolen during transfers even if
> all fees were properly handled.
>
> We had this once with with "software-lab.org", which we hosted at Strato
> (strato.de), and which was stolen during a transfer many years ago.

I did not mean to put blame on anyone, except perhaps myself. I had forgot
how it played out in detail.

Anyway, there are ways to transfer the domain ownership without risking
losing it. One of the best is to use the same DNS registrar for both
the old and new owners.

https://support.loopia.com/wiki/How_do_I_change_the_owner_of_my_domain_names%3F

--jakob