Yes, you're right, I'll remove it and "link" straight to the lib, it
was something I did in the beginning of the process when I was unsure
of how transparently I could pass references to structs around.

As it turned out it's completely seamless so your suggestion makes
perfect sense, or be my guest and do it yourself if you're anxious, I
won't have time until next weekend, feel free to copy whatever you
like from me.