Hi Luis,

> These are beginner questions, but why doesn't this work?
>
> (in "i.html"
>    (while (from "<a href=\"")
>       (parseLink (till "<" T))
>       ))

This depends on what 'parseLink' does.

(till "<" T) returns a transient symbol, you can try it as

   (in "i.html" (from "<a href=\"") (till "<" T))
   -> "http://...";

So perhaps 'parseLink' wants a list of characters, to be able to parse
it? Then you might better do:

   (in "i.html" (from "<a href=\"") (till "<"))
   -> ("h" "t" "t" "p" ":" "/" ...)

i.e. without the 'T' argument to 'till'.

> It's just a substitution of `msg` by a call to `parseLink` that
> doesn't seem to get called.

'parseLink' will get called, if at least one pattern "<a href=\"" is in
the file.

> Just for curiosity, in my previous message, in
> (for L *Links (cond ((=T (pre? "Quarto" (car L))) (scrape this link...
>
> (car L) return the same as (caar L), (caaar L), etc?

Yes. The global '*Links' holds an association list: A list of cons
pairs, each with a string (transient symbol) in the CAR, and an URL in
the CDR.

So the CAR of each element is a transient symbol. And the VAL or CAR of
a transient symbol is by default the symbol again. So you always keep
getting the same symbol.