Hi Christophe,

> >> Is there a reason why 'wr is not included in Ersatz?
> >
> > It is simply because the whole family of binary I/O functions is not
> > supported.
> >
> > The plain 'wr' would be quite trivial to implement, but then there
> > should be also 'rd' and 'pr' for completeness.

> Or is there a technical reason?

Partial documentations? Questions why it is not fully implemented?

> > The latter two functions need the PLIO format,
>
> I don't know anything about this one, and any search about it is an unlucky
> one.
> Could you provide some details ?

PLIO is the "PicoLisp I/O" binary format. It is used for almost
everything internally: To serialize object to the database, communicate
via IPC, talk with external programs (like the JVM in "java/lib.l").
There are libraries for C (software-lab.de/plio.tgz), JavaScript
("lib/plio.js" in the distribution), or Java (as mentioned here).