Lawrence Bottorff <borg...@gmail.com> writes:

I've got a REPL started in Emacs (called from ELPA version of picolisp major mode with run-picolisp)

The only picolisp-mode i'm aware of that's on an ELPA is my picolisp-mode on MELPA:

http://melpa.org/#/picolisp-mode

As the documentation on that page notes, this mode is not related to the one bundled with PicoLisp[1]. In particular, it does not contain a command `run-picolisp` (such non-namespace-prefixed names are nowadays considered poor ELisp programming style). So it sounds like you're actually using the bundled-with-PicoLisp mode, not the mode available on MELPA, i.e. the former is loaded and shadowing the latter.

Alexis.

[1] For a discussion on why my package on MELPA still has the same name as the one bundled with PicoLisp, cf. https://github.com/milkypostman/melpa/issues/2514.