Thanks Alex. You are correct, I can't run the PicoLisp framework which is why I
would have to run as a CGI script. However, it is the data from a submitted web
form that I need to access, not command-line args. I was thinking there might
be a special function that returns that data and would be easy to access from
within the CGI script. For example, I can get the querystring by calling:

but I don't know how to access the data that gets submitted via the form.

On Dec 10, 2016, at 05:08, Alexander Burger <> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 08:17:15AM +0100, Alexander Burger wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 09, 2016 at 01:52:02PM -0800, wrote:
>> I would like to give PicoLisp a try for a very simple CGI program that will
>> accept data from a web form. Is there an easy way to access form data via
>> CGI?
> The PicoLisp HTTP framework also works without sessions (= long running

Thinking about it, haha, I think I misunderstood your question! If you can't
start long running programs, you of course also cannot start the PicoLisp

So what you want to do is start a script with a hashbang in the first line, and
then access the command line arguments with 'argv' and/or 'opt'. Very simple :)