Very interesting! It will take me a while to digest all of that though =)
/Lindsay

Side note: I had to look up the square bracket use. I did not realize you
could do that in picolisp. The semantics are different but it reminded me
of the code in the "Lisp 1.5 Programmer's Manual" (
http://www.softwarepreservation.org/projects/LISP/book/LISP%201.5%20Programmers%20Manual.pdf).
I've only worked through the first 3 sections of that in detail, but it
really helped me to get a handle on some key lisp concepts. At least to me,
the functions the author defines there for manipulating sets are
brilliantly succinct.