I've completed this. I haven't yet contributed it to the todobackend.com
site. If someone wants to do that I'd be grateful

https://github.com/joebo/todo-backend-pil/

There are two versions - in-memory (non-persistent)  and persistent using
the picolisp db. All tests are passing.

It was a fun exercise. I would like to write a wiki article about it and
possibly even create a video to show my workflow