Hi Kuba, Christopher and AW!

Sorry but let me reply you all in just one post.

> Hi Geo,

Hey Kuba!

> Wow, this is so cool, we all thought you went completely missing but it seems
> you’ve been putting a ton of work into this, including a whole PCB
> “motherboard” (I remember your original prototype was simply using an Altera
> dev board).

Thanks! Wow you have a great memory! Yes that was indeed my first plan but I
decided to build a custom board so that I can choose my prefered components to
also help me ease up the Verilog coding.
The Altera dev board was using SDRAM which is a bit trivial especially if not
using the NIOS II softcore. But if using NIOS II it will defeat the purpose of
running PicoLisp VM in bare metal.
But later on I can port PilMCU to other FPGA boards but let me polish all the
remaining tasks first ;)

> I haven’t finished watching the video but gotten up to 20 minute mark where
> you typed (+ 1 2 3 4 5) - so the machine works.

Oh! Thanks for watching! Sorry to have a long video, I'm just not fluent with
English and have to pause often due to the unexpected interuptions like the
auto-focus.. but I hope everyone had fun watching the video until the end :)

> Awesome job!

Thank you! But still need to improve some areas as well as the missing I/O
ports need to be done, but its already in progress.

> Hi, this looks very cool. I'm very impressed. A few questions:

Hi Christopher! Thanks!

> 1) When do you start crowdfunding so we can preorder?

Actually I would love to have it as soon as now but let me polish some areas
first.
We need someone who is more incline in diealing with such transactions like the
Kickstarter or Indigogo? I remember someone voluntered on this matter because
me and Alex are not so into business related stuff :) I think it was Jakob
Eriksson?
Also to consider is we need to finalize what we want to have on this board to
have a smaller and compact board. I already have version 2 in mind but I would
like to hear from everyone interested what they want to expect on final board.

> 2) Is this (or will this be) an open hardware project?

Yes it should be open hardware project because PicoLisp itself is open source.

> 3) Are there PilMCU codes to be released in some repo or tarball?

It will be in tarball which is the usual way of Alex. I also can post it on
github but let me polish things first.
But please note that the PilMCU codes that will be release is the PicoLisp
part, Verilog codes will not be exposed because it's anyway not the code that
you need to develop with.

> 4) From what I understood one of the arguments against having arrays in
> PicoLisp is that you would be expected to use arrays in a C library and
> use them through FFI. Do I conclude correctly then that there would be
> no access to arrays on a PilMCU system?

Alex already answered this question on another thread but if you ask me, yes
because PilMCU is standard PicoLips environment.
And PicoLisp uses list data structure as the main option for arrays.

> Hi Geo,

Hi AW!

> This is so amazing!! Thank you so much for the video.

Thank you too for watching!!

> I think others will likely ask, but is this going to be licensed openly?
> hardware designs etc open sourced on GitHub?

As i mentioned in above, yes this is licensed openly. The hardware schematic is
open but for the PCB layout, it was done by my Chinese coleague but anyway the
schematic drawing is already enough to be used as reference.
For the code, the PicoLisp codes will be available via tarballs or github
(depend to Alex) but for the Verilog part, I plan not to expose it because
anyway it is not the code that you need to develop with.

> How quickly can you make more of these boards? I'm currently also living in
> Japan and would love to get my hands on one ;)

Oh! Where in Japan are you currenlty located? Maybe we can meet and let you try
the actual board. Unfortunately it depends how fast we could have the
crowdfunding.
I still got some spare PCB boards but I dont advise to use that to build more
boards because it still got some schematic and PCB design issues.
The fastest way to play with PilMCU would be using PilOS or as in an emulator.
Another alternative is to port PilMCU to be used in other off the shelves FPGA
dev kits but this will be a bit time consuming.
But lets see how it goes maybe we could have the crowdfunding soon this year :)
It would be nice to have these boards produced here in Japan...

Again, thanks everyone for watching. As of the moment there is only one board
but once we can accomplish one of the goals which is to have it mass produced,
it will be fun to develop some device drivers using PicoLisp codes.

But if you are eager to try PilMCU, either I can let you access the board
remotely or you can draft your codes using PilOS and I will paste it here on my
side to test your codes.

Actually there is also an emulator of PilMCU implemented in C by Alex, this was
his way to give me some working reference of the machine.

Another area that we also need some volunteers is the Android and iOS app. As
you can see in the video that I was using a demo app done by Nordic for their
UART profile. It would be nice to have a VT terminal app with BLE connection in
Android and iOS.

This is usually done in native languages like Java for Android and Obj-C for
iOS, if someone here is incline with these I would be glad to colaborate with
you to develop the app. But an interesting alternative idea would be to have
these app done in PicoLisp as well. I remember that Alex just released the
mobile app dev using PicoLisp, can we use that? Maybe its something like
React-Native concept? We use one language which is PicoLisp, then it can be
deployed in both Android and iOS.

I'm very excited to move forward on this fast but due to me recent move here in
Japan, I'm also currently busy looking for a job. But dont worry, PilMCU is now
part of my daily chores :)

Thanks again everyone for your interest and looking forward to hear more
comments and suggestions, a Good Friday everyone!

BR,geo