Thanks Alex,
I added index to +Update and the UI started giving me a drop down with the
existing updates. That made me realize that what I really want is for the
updates to show up uneditable

 (<table> NIL NIL

         '((NIL "Updates"))

         (do 8

            (<row> NIL

               #(gui 1 '(+Obj +TextField) '(dsc +Update) 30) ))

               (gui 1 '(+View +TextField)  30) ))

          )

      )

And I'd like an additional text field for the new update. The idea being
that whenever I update a task I can provide comments in the update. I don't
suppose I even need a chart in that case. How would I create a textfield
and bind it to updates such that it works for adding a new update?

Regards,

Kashyap